Anthem BCBS Rehab Insurance
Anthem BCBS Rehab Insurance For Substance Abuse
We don’t want the fear of rehab facilities costs to get in the way of seeking treatment. Give our San Diego drug rehab a call to see if your health care plan has the coverage you need.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires health care insurers to cover substance use issues just as they would any other medical condition.
About Anthem Insurance
Anthem provides health coverage in 14 states, and members can use BCBS providers outside of their home state. Meaning, members can take advantage of the nationwide network of BCBS providers and seek treatment in another state. Anthem BCBS health insurance coverage varies in each state.
There is a guest membership option as well. Eligible members can join an affiliated HMO in another area when they stay for at least 90 days. We strongly suggest you check with your plan to determine the details to pay for treatment.
Services Covered By Anthem
Anthem BCBS rehab insurance offers coverage for drug and alcohol addiction as well as mental health coverage benefits. The extent of coverage costs depends on your specific policy plan. Typically, you may only authorize a specific amount of time in treatment facilities, which makes checking your member benefits important.
Many addiction center services are approved if they are medically necessary. Detox for alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opioids can be covered. The best way to find out all services that will be covered is by calling Anthem directly.
Coverage Levels and Coverage Plans
Federal employees or retirees have 3 plans to choose from including:
- Standard: This plan covers both in-network and out-of-network providers with a low deductible.
- Basic: This plan covers preferred providers with no deductibles. Out-of-pocket expenses mainly consist of co-pays.
- FEP Blue Focus: This newer plan also covers preferred providers. It has a low deductible and lower co-pays for treatment.
The basic plans fall into 3 categories, although certain plans and tiers differ in each state.
- Bronze: This plan has the lowest monthly premiums, with the highest deductible and co-pays. Around 60% of medical costs are covered.
- Silver: This plan has monthly premiums that are higher than bronze, with a lower deductible and co-pays. Around 70% of medical costs are covered.
- Gold: This plan has the highest monthly premiums, but the lowest deductible. Co-pays are less than other plans, and about 80% of medical costs are covered.
What Anthem BCBS Rehab Insurance Can Do For You
If you or a loved one is battling an addiction, being alone doesn’t have to be the option. Call Healthy Life Recovery today to verify your insurance or learn more about our treatment options.
We're Here To Help!
1010 Turquoise St.,
San Diego, CA 92109