Healthy Life Recovery
San Diego Rehab Accepted Health Insurance
The insurance process for substance abuse treatment can be overwhelming, which is why we try to make seeking treatment as smooth as possible. We work together with major health insurance companies to ease the financial burden of receiving drug or alcohol addiction treatment. Our recovery staff at Healthy Life can guide you through the insurance process, maximizing all available benefits.
Call us today and a recovery expert will work with you and your insurance to determine the best funding option for your needs. We will also assess if there is patient aid available to use in combination with any insurance benefits. Learn more about Healthy life Recovery’s rehab costs and insurance policy at our FAQs below.
Rehab Costs and Substance Abuse Insurance Coverage FAQs
Insurance coverage for patients depend on a variety of factors; this includes the insurance provider and the policy. Once these have been established, several possibilities become available.
What will insurance pay for?
Today, many insurance plans cover substance abuse treatment, which is typically part of their mental/behavioral health services. Although, limitations may apply such as:
- The insurance policy may only cover certain levels of treatment (for example, outpatient treatment may be covered, but not inpatient services).
- The insurance policy may only cover certain types of rehab facilities (for example, detox centers, hospitals, or outpatient centers).
- The insurance policy may only cover services for a certain time period (for example, the policy is limited to 30, 60, 90, or 120 days of treatment).
- The insurance policy may limit treatment to to a certain amount of days per year or per lifetime
- The insurance policy may only cover rehab centers within an authorized provider network (if you use an out-of-network provider, you can be charged a higher copayment, or have no services covered).
The degree of coverage will depend on the policy and not just the insurance provider itself. The best way to determine exactly what your insurance will cover is to review your policy manual or to call the provider directly.
How do I know I’m covered?
- Coverage status
- What dates your coverage is valid for
- What services your policy covers
- Your deductible or copayment amount (the portion of costs that you are responsible for paying)
It is possible that the insurance representative is not able to verify certain coverage information via phone. This is because some plans require a request for authorization to be submitted before a payment is approved. The legal language of insurance policies is not always easy to understand.
Due to this, you should consult with a recovery expert during the admissions process. They will be able to help you figure out the financial responsibilities and request authorization for care from your provider.
Is my coverage confidential?
Yes, your insurance coverage is confidential. The law protects the privacy of people who seek drug or alcohol treatment. This ensures people who need rehab will not be discouraged to pursue treatment.
42 CFR imposes limits on information that may be released from treatment centers that receive funding from the federal government. Written consent from the patient is required.
Who decides how long I’ll be in substance abuse treatment?
What does "out-of-pocket" mean?
The term “out-of-pocket” refers to the amount for treatment services you are responsible for paying. Do not worry, our recovery experts can help you determine how much this may be. Many individual and family plans have a limit for out-of-pocket expenses.
We're Here To Help!
1010 Turquoise St.,
San Diego, CA 92109